The City Centre Motor Inn is dedicated to its environmental program & have recently become the first accommodation provider in Australia to be certified carbon neutral under the National Carbon Offset Standards (NCOS).
The environmental program is ongoing, and includes but is not limited to reducing & offsetting the motel's carbon footprint, inspiring & educating guests to participate, and collaborating with other local environmentally conscious businesses, education institutions and local government.
2019 Environmental Program Achievements to date
- Successfully analysed each area of business' 2018 emissions. Offset Carbon footprint by sponsoring a wind farm in India. Became fully certified carbon neutral under the NCOS.
- Replaced antiquated gas water boiler system with state of the art air-to-water Q-Ton heat pump
- Replaced ducted heating in 20 rooms with environmentally conscious reverse-cycle air-conditioners
- Installed a 32kw Solar Power system
- Replace old lights with LEDs
- Initiated opportunity for guests to offset their stay by donating to the Armidale Tree Group wildlife corridor project. Find out more about the Wildlife corridor project here.
- Implemented 100% cloud based technologies to reduce paper waste. Paper use has been reduced to the minimum.
- Introduced digital compendiums on the GUESTassist app by Newbook. Available for free download on mobile.
- Winner of Armidale Business Chamber awards - Environmental sustainability
- Finalist in the HM Awards - Major Awards - Environmental Program
2019 Environmental Program goals
- Collaborate with the University of New England and the Armidale Regional Council to hold a carbon neutral symposium, and other STEAM related events
- Source and implement sustainable toiletries for guests. When sourcing these products we are taking into account manufacturing issues, logistics, economical considerations, consumer based sustainability, as well as the quality of the products. We are still in the research phase of this strategy, if you have any suppliers in mind please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Establish sustainable native plant garden
2020 Environmental Program goals
- Analyse 2019 emissions and offset carbon footprint